#14 Kiani Wong
Position: Second Base/Shortstop
Hometown: Hilo, Hawai‘i
Previous School: Kamehameha Schools - Hawai‘i
A 2012 graduate of Kamehameha Schools—Hawai‘i in Kea‘au on the island of Hawai‘i…earned four varsity letters
in softball…helped lead the Warriors to three conference championships...earned several accolades during her high school career, including
being named the 2010 Division II Player of the Year; 2010 all-state honorable mention; and all-conference in 2010 and 2012…senior year
batting average was .419.
Questions and Answers from Kiani Wong
- Who is your hero? My mom, Keala Wong & my dad Kaha Wong
- What historical figure would you like to have lunch with? Marilyn Monroe
- What other sports did you play as a child? Volleyball, Basketball.
- If you were a condiment, what would the bottle say the ingredients are? Absolutely no vegetables or any ingredients that might taste like vegetables.
- What's on your mp3 playlist? Nicki Minaj, Hunter Hayes
- What is your favorite memory of Wahine Softball? Kaua'i road trip.
- What have you learned about yourself living in Hawaii?
We have a very unique culture & although we might be in the middle of the ocean we can still make an impact on the world.
- How is playing sports at the university level different than playing sports in high school?
It's much more intense & strategic.
- What advice would you give to a girl in junior high school that wants to be an athlete in high school or college?
Get good grades.
- What academic program are you majoring in, and what do you hope to do with it?
Business, I hope to become a sports agent.
- What is your Favorite color? Yellow
- What is your favorite movie? Bridesmaids.
- Your ideal meal? Plain cheeseburger, just meat & cheese & some curly fries..
Born in Hilo, Hawai‘i…plans to major in business…has one older brother and one younger brother…older
brother is former UH baseball standout Kolten Wong who was a first round draft pick of the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2011 Major League
Baseball draft…parents are Keala and Kaha Wong of Hilo, Hawai‘i.